NOTICE OF VACANT SIMPSON COUNTY SCHOOLS BOARD OF EDUCATION SEAT
The Simpson County Board of Education is seeking applications to be considered for appointment to the Simpson County Board of Education. You are invited to nominate yourself or someone you know who is qualified to serve on the Simpson County Board of Education representing Educational District #1. This vacancy was created by the resignation of Tara Heinze who represented District #1.
Under the provisions KRS 160.190(2), this appointment is effective until the November 2022 regular election.
This is a public service position and the person appointed will not be employed by Simpson County Public Schools.
Board members must be:
- At least 24 years old;
- A Kentucky citizen for the last three years;
- A registered voter in the Simpson County district and the Educational District #1 voter precinct;
- Have a high school diploma or a GED certificate;
- Must be in compliance with anti-nepotism state laws;
- Cannot provide contract services for the school district.
School board members are involved primarily in the following areas:
- Developing policy that governs the operation of schools;
- Providing visionary leadership that establishes long-range plans and programs for the district;
- Hiring the district superintendent and issuing annual evaluations reports;
- Setting local tax rates and practicing vigorous stewardship to ensure that all school district funds are spent wisely.
Applications should be completed and mailed by Friday, November 12, 2021.
Interviews will be scheduled approximately 6-15 working days after this mail date. All qualified applications received before the interviews are scheduled and will be considered.
Application forms for this position are available from Simpson County Board of Education Office at 430 South College Street, Franklin, KY or online at www.simpson.k12.ky.us. (Click here for application)
All applications must be mailed directly to:
Tim Schlosser, Superintendent
Simpson County Schools
430 South College Street
Franklin, KY 42134