LEANN FISHER, INSTRUCTIONAL SUPERVISOR FOR SIMPSON COUNTY SCHOOLS, IS SELECTED TO THE PRESTIGIOUS KENTUCKY WOMEN IN EDUCATION LEADERSHIP PROGRAM.
KASA names inductees for 2020 cohort of Kentucky Women in Education Leadership
Frankfort KY – The Kentucky Association of School Administrators (KASA) selected 33 exceptional women leaders for its 2020 cohort of the Kentucky Women in Education Leadership (KWEL). Each was chosen through a competitive application process based on specific leadership criteria. These leaders, along with some of the state’s top female executive educators, will convene January 23-24, 2020 in Louisville for an induction ceremony and leadership forum.
KWEL is designed for women working in P-12 public education who wish to advance their careers. KWEL members benefit from a support system, leadership development opportunities, career advancement, shared experiences through a network of on-going professional growth and development, coaching and mentoring, and reward and recognition for exemplary leaders.
“KWEL, in its third year, continues to redefine the future for women in public education,” said Dr. Rhonda Caldwell, KASA executive director. “This group of leaders will be instrumental in shaping our students’ futures while shining a new and brighter light on public education.”
The KWEL forum, January 23-24, brings both experienced and aspiring leaders together for an extraordinary growth opportunity. Its purpose is three-fold. First, it will give women that are currently serving in an executive leadership role the opportunity to mentor other women aspiring to lead at the same level. Second, it will support women that aspire to lead but may need the confidence, courage and support to take the next step. Finally, this network can give all women serving in an executive leadership role an additional support system unique to the needs of women and the challenges they face. Registration for the forum is open at www.kasa.org (Leadership Development tab).
The 2020 inductees are:
• Angie Akers, Marion Co.
• Jill Angelucci, Clark Co.
• Tiffany Austin, Paintsville Ind.
• Angela Ballinger, Wayne Co.
• Rebecca Blakley, McCreary Co.
• Sara Brady, Marion Co.
• Lou Carter, Murray Ind.
• Sarah Elam Farrow, Montgomery Co.
• LeAnn Fisher, Simpson Co.
• Stephanie Hagerty, Boone Co.
• Jenny Lynn Varner Hatter, Ed.S., Harrison Co.
• Susan Jacobs, Clark Co.
• Martha Jones, Ed.D., Woodford Co.
• Holly Lawson, Montgomery Co.
• Lesley Lawson, Garrard Co.
• Vicki Lete, Jefferson Co.
• Jennifer Luttrell, Hopkins Co.
Tiffany Marshall, Ph.D., Jefferson Co.
• Karla McCarty, Ed.D., Paintsville Ind.
• Jennifer Muncy, Ed.D., Madison Co.
• Contessa Orr, Logan Co.
• Amber Parker, Ballard Co.
• Jessica Pass, Boone Co.
• Beth Peterson, Jefferson Co.
• Anna Prince, Lawrence Co.
• Jaclyn Reid, Marshall Co.
• Sheri Satterly, Danville Ind.
• Jennifer Sellers, Fayette Co.
• Amy Smith, Hopkins Co.
• Karen Ward, LaRue Co.
• Carrie Wedding, Owensboro Ind.
• Alison Wright, Fayette Co.
• Whitney York, Murray Ind.