Here are some strategies you can use to help take control of your stuttering.
1. Easy Onset- begin speaking by starting your airflow then start your voice.
2. Light Contact- saying sounds with a small amount of pressure or tension using light touch between the articulators.
3. Slide Out/ Pull Out- stop in the moment of stuttering, release the tension, then continue.
4. Cancellation- after a moment of stuttering, stop, relax, then say it again with smooth, easy speech.
5. Pausing and Phrasing- Use a pause between phrases to control the time pressure and maintain smooth easy speech.
6. Relaxation- Make sure the muscles used for speaking are relaxed and all the tension is released.