As Superintendent, I welcome you to Simpson County Schools. Our vision is to be a world-class educational system empowering all students to graduate LIFE-READY – and we define it as academically and socially prepared for college and/or careers! To that end, our mission is simple – to develop all children to their fullest potential and prepare them for the next level of life! Our expectations are very high for every student and employee in our school system. To meet this important vision and mission, we focus our efforts on five fundamental questions that drive the work of our schools: citizenship. Therefore our mission is driven around achieving our vision by working toward our five guiding questions:
- How will we build positive, professional relationships with students, their families and one another?
- How will we ensure all students are taught the standards and skills needed to be college and/or career ready in the 21st century?
- How will we make sure our students have learned the standards and skills?
- How will we “fix it” when students fall short of our learning goals?
- How will we provide enrichments and “stretch learning” for students who are already meeting or exceeding our learning goals?
These guiding questions keep us focused on productive relationships, teaching to high standards, and responding appropriately to the individual needs of our students to help each of them reach their highest potential!
We are home to six (6) schools including one high school, one middle school, three elementary schools, and one alternative school serving around 3,000 students from pre-school through 12th grade and over 450 full and part time employees. With a rich tradition of achievement academically, athletically, in the fine arts, and in other extra-curricular activities, our Wildcat Pride runs deep throughout our schools and community! Simpson County is a district that sets high expectations for students and provides a safe, supportive atmosphere for learning and work.
As a district, we set the academic bar high and focus our energy on literacy, math, and 21st century skills which are fundamental building blocks to success in all academic achievements and in career preparation. Our programming is guided by the following core beliefs:
- Our children can learn to high expectations;
- Education improves the quality of life;
- Learning is a lifelong process;
- Collaboration and communication are critical to success;
- And accountability is a critical component of achievement.
Through our efforts, Simpson County Schools is rated a Distinguished District in the state assessment and accountability system! I am confident that, working together with all facets of the community, we will see our students and schools attain even greater heights in the years ahead. We invite you to visit our schools and experience the amazing spectrum of educational opportunities available for our students.
We are continuously working to improve our school system and welcome your feedback – positive or negative – on the job we’re doing serving the youth of Simpson County. Remember, investing in our youth is an investment in our future – and our children are worth our commitment, time and resources!
Jim Flynn, Ed.D.
Simpson County Schools
430 S. College Street
Franklin, KY 42134
Follow me on twitter: @jflynnfswildcat
A Great Place to Learn,
Where Kids Matter Most!
VISION: To be a world-class educational system empowering all students to graduate LIFE-READY - academically and socially prepared for college and/or careers!
MISSION: To develop all children to their fullest potential and prepare them for the next level of life!